Thursday 17 February 2011

Target Audience For Thriller Genre

Target Audience For Thriller Genre

          I personally think that the target audience for films of the thriller genre are aimed for the age of fifteen and over. I think this because some of the scenes and storylines used within a thriller film can be dramatic and sometimes of a scary nature, therefore I think anyone under the age of fifteen could be affected by what they have seen.
          I also think the thriller genre is aimed more towards the male gender. This is because stereotypically, males are more interested in gruesome and scary elements of films than females. I feel that males will find films more exciting and edgy to watch, and find thrills through doing this, as opposed to females. Although many females enjoy to watch thrilling films, I think the majority of an audience for a thriller film would be males.
          Overall, I believe that thriller films are targeted towards the age range of over fifteen years old and for majority of males.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment